In A Thousand Barrels a Second, Chief Energy Economist of ARC Financial Peter Tertzakian examines the future of oil and offers insights into what it will take to rebalance our energy needs and seize new opportunities. He answers the top questions asked by business leaders, policy makers, investors, and concerned citizens as we approach the coming break point:
- Are today’s high oil and gas prices part of a routine business cycle, or are there more profound forces at play?
- Are hybrid vehicles our only solution against high gasoline prices?
- Is China’s growing thirst for energy sustainable?
- Which government policies work and which do not?
- Will nuclear power and coal save the day-again?
Tertzakian also offers a realistic, informed look into the future of our energy supply chains and how our consumption patterns may evolve, revealing how governments, businesses, and even individuals can meet the coming challenges with better solutions and innovations.